Monday, July 14, 2014

Day 1

My name is Jim and I'm an addict.  I'm addicted to food and not moving much.  I wasn't always this way.  I once was a mover and a shaker, now I shake when I move.  I realized I had an issue when the teeter totter at the park was more like a mid-evil weapon than a toy.  Every time I would walk thru the office my co-workers would hear a noise. It became very embarrassing when exterminators were called out to take care of the crickets, but they could never find the bugs.

I need to change and take accountability for my lack of action.  I decided to take Advocare's 24 Day Challenge and I want to share my journey.

First thing I wanted to do was to come up with a reward system for achieving goals.  Long term and short term.  Short term goals should be attainable during this challenge and the longer term goals are a year out.

Short term goals are:

1.  This one should be relatively easy.  Make it thru the 24 days without killing me or someone else.  I don't know about you, but I get cranky if I haven't eaten 2500+ calories.  Reward is not being dead or in prison (pretty obvious)

2.  Lose 15 or more pounds.  Reward I'm setting up for myself is to take on-line classes to become a better beat boxer.

3.  Look sexy in a berka.  Should be simple enough, I have SEXY eyes (once again, these goals should be realistically attainable within 24 days).  Reward you may ask.  Risqué photo shoot for my wife in said burka.

Long term goals:

Lose 40 pounds; Get fishing supplies to enjoy time with my family while outside.
Lose 50 pounds; Donate clothes to Goodwill
Lose 60 pounds; Get "new" clothes from Goodwill
Lose 70 pounds: Sexy photo shoot for wife in Speedos ;) (lets see if you can mentally bleach that out of your mind).

Day one has been okay so far, too soon to tell how I like the challenge, but I can tell you that the meal replacement shake tastes better than other brands I have tried in the past.  Other brands I have tried have either tasted like chocolate flavored sand or strawberry designed by someone who has never tasted a strawberry before.

1 comment:

  1. Wait to go,Jim! You can do this! And as always your sense of humor CRACKS me up!

    ReplyDelete