Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Day 2

I'm the incredible shrinking man!  Okay, not really, but I am down 3.5 pounds already.  I think it is a combination of things that has contributed to this number. First thing is the fact it's as hot as Satan's arm pit here. Second, the fiber that is provided in the 24 Day Challenge is doing what it is supposed to do, and that has almost messed up one of my short term goals already.  I work with thirteen other men and share a one stall bathroom.  I had to drop some friends off and there was someone already parked in the unload zone.  The fiber is trying to pick the lock to escape captivity and I had no choice.  As soon as my co-worker was done I had to go in.  Short term goal of not dying almost didn't happen.  Fortunately the fiber hasn't required more than this one trip, so all is okay now.

My day is filled with eating small snacks and meals so I'm never hungry which is nice.  One trick my wife has come across for a fast and convenient snack is hard boiled eggs that you never boil.  Now I know you are all saying, "Whatcha talking' about Willis"?  Well you put your eggs in a muffin tin and pre-heat your oven to 325.  Bake the eggs for 25 minutes and then place them in ice water for 10 minutes.  Another trick I'm doing at work, and you can use this idea if you like, is I raised my desk up 5 feet.  It makes it so I have to jump up and down all day to get my work done, but it is really burning the calories.

Regards,
Jim Pogue

No comments:

Post a Comment