Ways to deal with a plateau
• Small changes can reap big rewards; for example, running a marathon burns twice the calories of a half-marathon.
• Remember, even if the number on the scale isn’t moving, you can still celebrate NSVs. What’s a NSV, you ask? Let’s look that up. Hmmmmm…. NSV stands for The National Socialist Vanguard, a Neo-Nazi group based in Portland. Okay, better hold off on that until I get a little more info…
• Look at ways of trimming a few calories each day; did you realize that cutting one king-sized Butterfinger bar from your diet each day will save over 3,300 calories per week?
• When you go out to eat, bring your own food from home and eat that instead.
• At least once a day, do 10,000 lunges.
• The word “plateau” has the words “plate” “ate” and “u”. No, I don’t know if that’s relevant and yes, I do know that “u” isn’t a word.
• One way to “shock” your system is to eat less and exercise.
• Remember what Bruce Lee once said: “There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.” But keep in mind that he also said “Shut up or taste my fists of fury!”
Every once in a while, it’s a good idea to double down on what you’re doing. Plus, you should always split 8’s and stand pat if the dealer is showing a six.
• Try increasing the duration and intensity of reading my blog.